For most, the mention of the word cannabis or cannabis user, has generally been met with disapproval, and has conjured up discriminating images of ‘shady’ individuals.
Admittedly, this was my reaction too, and can be attributed in part to my lack of understanding of this ancient medicinal plan and its numerous medical benefits.
Fortunately, the recent legalization of Cannabis in South Africa (2018) has helped to destigmatize the use of the plant , and has created a massive opportunity both economically and medically.
We, the Hempvest team, invite you to join us in discovering the rare qualities and benefits of this alternative remedy, which has been scientifically proven to have multiple health benefits,, from neural development, immune function, inflammation, reproduction to regulation of stress and emotional wellbeing.
Let’s start the conversation, and replace judgement and ignorance with scientific fact to allow informed decision making.
So where do we start? At the beginning of course, with some commonly used terms and their definitions :
- A group of three plants knowns as Cannabis Sativa, Cannabis Indica and Cannabis Ruderalis
- Chemical compound found in cannabis plan.
- It is not psychoactive i.e. it does not make you “high”
- Chemical compound found in cannabis plant
- Main psychoactive compound that produces the “high” sensation
Broad Spectrum CBD
- CBD + other cannabinoids but NO THC
- CBD products containing other cannabinoids PLUS THC
- Usually around 99.9% pure crystalline CBD (No THC, flavonoids or other cannabinoids)
We hope this has been a beneficial starting point. Be sure to stay tuned for the next discussion on the medicinal benefits of CBD.